Sunday, June 3, 2012

sixty-one keys just doesn't cut it these days.

it's reoccurring moments like these that make me wish i had never let my parents sell my white yamaha piano, and that i had practiced willingly and adamantly.
(my mom gave me a dollar every time i practiced and i still complained...what was my deal?)
because now,
learning pieces like this by ear and incorrect scores is nearly impossible,
and i'm never fully able to work through the most difficult portions.
years ago,
this would have been easy-peezie.
however, this is no longer the case.
here i sit, a keyboard on my bed and nothing to work with but an insufficient number of sixty-one keys compared to the eighty-eight necessary,
a printed out and an incredibly flawed sample score,
and youtube tutorials that may or may not be of any assistance.
quite frankly,
it's a struggle.

i sure hope i can power through the beautiful ballad.
xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment